As we age our needs change and for many loved ones, growing old means help is needed with Activities of Daily Living (ADL) such as dressing, grooming, housekeeping, and medication monitoring. Advantage Home Health Plus understands how challenging it is for family member’s to provide the daily assistance needed for loved ones at home; That is why we offer professional solutions for senior adults and their families who are affected during this period of transition. We use an individualized assessment to review the needs of your loved one through discussions and active listening to your needs; when necessary we consult with the physician(s) of the care recipient, social workers, hospitals, or nursing home staff.
Our home care companions, respite caregivers and 24-hour live in caregivers are available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In addition, we have a supervisor who is accessible at all hours of the day as well as a 24- hour telephone line even when our office is closed. If you would like more information about the services we offer please feel free to call or submit an inquiry form and someone will get back to you as soon as possible. Our caregivers are not there to take over your independence, but rather to assist you in areas and things that you once were able to accomplish without support. They are your new found support system that will always encourage your independence but strive to ensure your safety in the home.
Some of the wide ranges of services that we do offer our clients are listed below.
- Bathing, Grooming and Personal Hygiene: Providing assistance with your bathing, dressing and toileting, as well as other hygiene related needs you might have
- Meal Preparation and Feeding: Prepare meals in accordance with any dietary or personal restrictions and always advocating the importance of proper nutrition. We also assist in feeding patient that might not be able to perform this task by themselves.
- Medication Reminder: The caregivers are trained in client medication procedure. They are NOT allowed to dispense medication but rather to remind and assist, based on frequency of medication in agreement with physician’s orders.
- Hospital Assistance: We come across instances where a client might have to stay in an inpatient facility for duration of time due to either just undergoing a serious procedure or other circumstances. Most times, clients don’t receive the one-on-one care they might get while they are at home. Our Agency is able to provide the family with a caregiver that will stay and take care of their loved one while they are recuperating in the facility.
- Transportation and Errands: Caregivers and Aides are able to assist our clients in travel to appointments, shopping trips, picking up prescriptions and other errands that the client might require. All caregivers that will be providing transportation assistance to the client are required to have a valid driver’s license upon the time they are placed on the assignment as well as legal insurance coverage.
- Light Housekeeping and Safety Supervision: Caregivers make sure basic every day household needs are performed. They also provide ambulation assistance and general client supervision especially for those with a high fall risk
- Conversation and Companionship: Our caregivers are there to provide you with a listening ear, emotional support when needed, playing games together, taking a walk or just having someone there to relieve loneliness or boredom.
- Bed Positioning and Transfer Assistance: Our caregivers are trained to help position bed bound patients, reposition every couple of hours, be observant of pressure ulcers or bed sores and other issues that might face a patient that is bed bound. Caregivers are trained in the technique of using the Hoyer Lift, Galt Belt and also proper transfer technique to ensure safety of the patient and caregiver. They are also trained in proper techniques to assist the clients to transfer from bed to wheelchair and from chair to walker
- Morning Wake Up or Bedtime Turndown: Our caregivers are able to assist in helping you begin your daily morning routine by helping you get out of bed, dressed, fed and ready to go for the day.
- Foot Care and Nail Care: Soaking and moisturizing your feet, report abnormalities to your doctor as soon found (no nail clipping).
- Errand Services: Our caregivers can pick up prescriptions, run out to the store, pick up dry cleaning, go to the beauty salon, and anything else that their client requires.
- Bathroom Maintenance: The cleanliness of a bathroom is essential to the health of the person using it. Our caregivers can clean the tub, sink, shower and sanitize the toilet for optimum health benefits.
- Our Night Time Turndown Assistance: The caregiver will get you ready for bedtime, change clothes, make the bed, make sure the phone and any other necessary items are within reach for you.